The use of marijuana for medical purposes has been legalized in many states including in Arizona. Governments have recognized the quality of the plant to kill cancer and improve other medical conditions. Patients who suffer from qualifying conditions can apply for a medical marijuana card and gain access to a good dispensary near them.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana
- Slows the spread of cancer cells. According to some researchers, marijuana has a compound which stops metastasis in some types of aggressive cancer. A lot of scientists have been using marijuana compounds for killing cancer cells in patients with leukemia.
- Alleviates inflammation and pain. Marijuana contains chemicals that are found to reduce inflammation and pain, particularly in people who suffer conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and Crohn’s disease.
- Slows the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. A study found that cannabis can block an enzyme responsible for the progression of Alzheimer’s. Also, the substance is found to prevent protein clumps which can inhibit memory and cognition.
- Improves lung function. Cannabis smoke is found to counteract much of the negative effects of inhaling tobacco smoke. This has to do with its expectorant and anti-inflammatory properties. When used moderately, marijuana can improve lung function at low doses in the majority of users. Also, THC is found to ease bronchial restriction.
- Treats depression. Although there’s no definitive proof that marijuana is a long-term treatment for depression, studies found that it does treat the condition. When used moderately, it is known to increase the serotonin levels that in turn serve as an anti-depressant.
Why Get a Medical Marijuana Card
Your medical marijuana card certifications in Arizona are your access to reputable dispensaries that can provide you with the cannabis product you need for your condition. But, there are other benefits of getting this card such as:
- Access to more strains. Depending on your condition, you may need a marijuana strain that may not be available in the recreational marijuana market. Individual strains have different effects on people and conditions and your card will let you buy the most suitable for you.
- Get more than you can when you use marijuana recreationally. With your MMJ card, you can get up to 2.5 ounces of usable marijuana flower. This is something you cannot possess when you visit a recreational marijuana shop without a card.
- Save money on medication cost. Marijuana can be less costly than your medications. As you can access many dispensaries with your card, you can enjoy further money savings.